These days can be seen an increase in number of mobiles, smartphones, tabs and numerous mobile applications. Mobile has become a prime source of contact. It is no longer a gadget for interaction only but is a multiuse device. People uses mobile to run numerous applications on it. Many applications come in the market and it is users who determine which mobile application should stay alive. This is what it is very essential to ensure the functionality and performance of the mobile applications. There is a wide-range of mobile applications on diverse operating systems like android, iOS, Windows etc.
Mobile application testing is the process during which applications developed for mobile gadgets are testing its performance, functioning, usability and stability. It can be automated and manual together. It certifies progressive experience for users when they use mobile applications.
Importance of Mobile Testing
Mobile application testing is a crucial cause in the procedure of application development. Even there are many who are ignorant of the advantage of mobile application testing. Here the list of benefits of mobile application testing
- It saves our effort and time
- It creates client’s reliability and faith.
- It improves the loyalty and precision of the app.
- It increases the integrity and effectiveness of the application.
- It finds all the errors and sections which require changes and enhancement.
- It is cost efficient as it identifies the bugs in the beginning of the program saving the costs involved for re designing the application if bugs are found later.
- It supports in creating the repute of the business. As the product is more effective and bug-free.
- It makes the brand name and improves its repute in the active corporate industry.
Types of Mobile Testing
Mobile application testing is a complicated and multi-layered process as apps demand testing at many phases. Based on the functionality and methods several types of mobile testing are as below:
- Usability Testing
- Interface Testing
- Performance Testing
- Compatibility Testing
- Installation Testing
- Security Testing
- Service Testing
- Low Level Resource Testing
- Operational Testing